Saturday, January 9, 2016

Poetry- Dreams by Langston Hughes


5th grade anchor charts pinterest | We also talked about the Theme to this poem... Never let go of your ...:


Hold fast to dreams... art by Rima Staines, words by Langston Hughes.:

Dreams:  Hold fast to dreams  For if dreams die  Life is a broken-winged bird  That cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams  For when dreams go  Life is a barren field  Frozen with snow.    ~ Langston Hughes ~:

My 2nd Purple DIY Canvas Wall Art, way too simple. :) Quote by Langston Hughes "Dreams"   I originally was thinking of writing each word onto the canvas one by one, but seeing how long it would take me, I gave up and tried this method instead. All I needed was construction paper, my printer, a canvas that I painted black, and mod podge to glue and then seal. Super easy. Happy crafting! Check out my other DIY if you haven't already :):

hold fast to your dreams...Langston Hughes:

Langston Hughes poem DREAMS seems like a simple poem, yet it teaches great life lessons. Your students will relate to this poem as they reflect on ...:

Beautiful example of art journaling that I would like to learn how to do:

"Until then, (reading Langston Hughes in elementary school) I thought it was some code that older white people used to speak to each other. I didn't know what was going on with the line breaks and the words,"  Jacqueline Woodson On Being A 'Brown Girl' Who Dreams #npr:


No comments:

Post a Comment